Pre and post Festival Intensives are a wonderful way to extend your Festival experience. Join us for these immersive experiences led by some of your favorite teachers and presenters. Don’t miss these unique opportunities to dive deeper into your practice and spiritual journey. Additional fee and a full festival pass required to participate.
Food, Sex, Sleep with Siva Mohan
Thursday May 9, 2019, 3pm-5 pm
$50 (early bird)
$65 (after April 11)
No matter how much yoga you do, you won’t find health, or emotional wellbeing, if your food-sex-sleep areas of life are a mess. Wellbeing requires that you have these three foundational aspects of your life structured in a way that makes you feel good.
That’s why Ayurveda lifestyle is built on self-loving approaches to food, sex, and sleep decisions.
But most of us don’t know how to do that, and we’re trying all kinds of tools (with limited success).
Let’s look at how it’s all interrelated, and together, let’s look at your relationship with your food sex sleep:
This is an INTERACTIVE Pre-festival Self-healing Workshop!
– food sex sleep aspects of health and lifestyle
– defining optimal food sex sleep
– healing practices
– self assessment exercise – signs of imbalance
– live case study – Dr. Mohan’s expert advice for your imbalances
Yoga, Climate & Earth Activism
Govind Das & Radha with Saul David Raye
and Special Guests Philip Price & Amber Brovelli from ElephantsNow.org
and Special Musical Guests Jim Beckwith, Rick Franz & Lindsey Deperi ( Graced Kirtan)
Thursday May 9, 2019 1-6 pm
(with short breaks every few hours)
Join us for Bhumi Bhakti: Devotion for Mother Earth an informative and empowering immersion to awaken and nourish the natural connection between our devotion, our yoga practice and our innate earth activism.
Climate change is the essential issue of our times. The time is now.
There are many causes and effects of climate change, but at the root of them all is our relationship to mother earth and to all of nature.
The yoga tradition along with other indigenous wisdom traditions has long held a deep reverence and understanding of a living and conscious Mother Earth (Bhumi Devi). The understanding that we are all entwined with Her; physically, energetically, mentally & spiritually; we are all her children. Now more than ever we must awaken and act for ourselves, future generations and all of life. Both as individuals and as a community, we must become more aware of our actions and choices and how they affect the web of life. And what we can all do to become earth activists, raise awareness and join the global revolution for conscious change and planetary awakening for everyone.
This full afternoon immersion will include discussion and lecture of earth ecology, yoga practice, chanting, meditation and essential empowerment tools for all of us to be a part of the solution every day. We will also explore:
• Historical & Philosophical Roots of EARTH ACTIVISM within the Yoga tradition ( Important points)
• The importance of leading with Feminine wisdom in yoga, life and the challenge of climate change
• Yoga’s indigenous heart wisdom within Bhakti, Tantra & Vedanta<
• Yoga Practices for harmonizing and connecting with the EARTH’s Energy
• Mantras & Prayers for Earth healing Connection
• Developing the Heart ~ intuition, empathy and compassion
• Yoga as Earth Seva ( Loving service)
• The practice of Ahimsa as the foundation of Compassion
• Living as an EARTH Ambassador / Earth Activist
• Tools for inspiring and sharing this wisdom with others
• Ecology for the animals and protecting the earth
• Visioning a new earth and the role of yoga within it
• Coexistence and preservation of our Wild Places
• Elephant Ecology: Natures Guardians
• Ceremony for the Earth and all relations
Be the Change. Now more than ever.
A portion of the proceeds will go to planting trees drought tolerant edible trees in Joshua Tree.
“Today, like every other day, we wake up empty and frightened…. Let the beauty we love be what we do.” ~ Rumi